If you haven’t watched any of the World Baseball Classic, you’re not alone. The ratings haven’t been great, but alot of the games certainly have been. There have been quite a few highlights from this WBC already, but here are a few that are worth catching:
- Pretty much anything involving the Netherlands, especially the elimination game against Cuba
- Japan’s small ball team smashing 75 home runs in 2 games against the Dutch
- A late inning comeback by the US facing elimination against Canada
- The Dominican Republic trouncing Venezuela and beating PR, both behind jaw dropping performances by Robinson Cano
- The surprising Italian team which can’t stop scoring runs
The Netherlands sports a fun lineup that includes Roger Bernadina, Randolph Oduber (a probable non-prospect for the Nats), and the Braves young SS Andrelton Simmons who could be the MVP of the entire tournament, hitting .370/.400/.704. Also impressive on the team has been Andruw Jones, and Curt Smith, a Miami Marlins farmhand who is Sir-Not-Appearing-on-this-Page when it comes to any top 10 prospect list I’ve seen, but is so far hitting .375/.467/.542.